Paper for #EDEN17 Diversity
Downloads presentation #EDEN17
SPREADSHEET EXPERIENCES: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZVCH3HawGPYux9NnZ1OqUni3KQqzNz94sdteNh5fdAo/edit#gid=0
Experiences with Emotional Presence (COI model) by Sonja Sharp.
Sonja Sharp tells about her experiences with Emotional Presence in PBL9, while she was a facilitator for #ONL171:
Recording of the Live Presentation EDEN17
What did participants think about diversity during online collaboration? Is it a blessing or a curse?
What is a curse/blessing (online) collaboration for you?
- Blessing: draw on wide experiences of others
- Curse: when it hinders collaboration
- Curse because it is hard to cope with teaching different cultures and languages Blessing because each different culture comes with different perspective
- Blessing because the more diverse perspectives and experiences you have to share, the richer the learning for everyone.
- Curse when personalities do not fit Blessing when you are eager to hear other opinions